The interactive whiteboard is a powerfull tool for teaching. However, it's necessary to master its capabilities in order to take advantage of them. In this training course we present a practical approach to the interactive whiteboard's features, the main differences and similarities beetwen the different brands and models and we produce interactive contents that participants will then use in their classes.
This training course is meant for teachers of all subjects and can be organized in two different models:
- 15 hour training course (5 sessions of 3 hours each)
- 25 hour workshop (6 sessions of 3h and 2 sessions of 3h30)
The contents of both models are the same. However, on the workshop the final hour of each session (except the last one) will be devoted to solving exercises which will be used to evaluate the participants' performance. Also in the last session the participants will present a project they will develop using the tools presented during the course.
- Introduction to interactive whiteboards; overview of the software's features.
- Exploring the interactive whiteboard's functionality in different environments (web pages, Word documents, Powerpoint presentations).
- Using the interactive whiteboard with other applications and with interactive contents specific to each subject.
- Using content libraries and creating custom libraries.
- Advanced features; recording and exporting contents; custom setup.
- Workshop only: Development and presentation of participants' projects.
How to attend?
Usually I perform training courses only in Portugal. If, however, you'd like to have this course at your school, even in a foreign country, have your school contact me to see if it can be arranged.